- peer review by at least two independent referees
- English language copy-editing
- thorough layout and processing of text, figures, tables, and equations
- immediate open-access publication
- liberal copyright agreement and distribution licence
- supplementary material at no extra costs
- DOI (digital object identifier) assignment and article URLs according to the classic citation (eCitation concept)
- distribution of articles and bibliographic metadata to scientific databases and indices
- article alert service and RSS feeds for individuals
- permanent archiving via e-archives and copyright libraries
- efficient new way of publishing special issues
- paper copies printed on demand
General aspects concerning the role of authors, editors, and referees are summarized under general obligations for authors, general obligations for editors, and general obligations for referees.
Copernicus Publications reserves the right to replace a *.pdf file if purely technical corrections are necessary (e.g. corrupt file or incorrect bibliographical entry). Under no circumstances will the content be changed.